Over the years, the capital at the core of the Iberian peninsula has developed into the country’s vibrant political and cultural heart. This university city has a population of approximately six million.
Madrid is the seat of the government, the parliament, and the Spanish royal family. Apart from cultural highlights such as the Prado, the capital also offers a wide range of recreational options. With its greenery, Parque Retiro serves as the lung of the city, for a dose of fresh air, and the large boulevards and Puerta del Sol are genuine shopping paradises.
Madrid is a cosmopolitan city that attracts newcomers like a magnet and captivates students. The Madrileños are very cordial and hospitable people. During the treasure hunt the students will get to know and love the warm-hearted and hospitable Madrileños. Later they will try tasty “churros”, as part of their discovery of this enchanting capital city.
Possible cultural programme in Madrid
- Guided sightseeing tour (by foot and bus)
- Guided tour to the Royal Palace
- Visit to the world famous museums: Prado and Reina Sofia
- Visit to the Real Madrid football stadium: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
- Treasure hunt through the city
- Visit to the beautiful Retiro Park and rowing boat tour on the lake!
- Bike tour through the wonderful Manzarnares Park
- Enjoying the sweet Spanish speciality “churros” (delicious fried batter with chocolate!!)
- Trip to the town of Toledo
- Time for shopping and enjoying this amazing city!!